Transcript Request

Transcript requests should be emailed to your student’s Academic Counselor. Transcripts need to be requested 15 days prior to the college or scholarship application deadline to ensure enough time for college or scholarship processing.

What is the difference between official and unofficial transcripts?

An unofficial transcript is primarily used for your own use (if you need to enter your grades for applications or if you just want a copy for your records). If a transcript is needed for application submission, scholarship/financial aid consideration or for job placement then upon request, the Academic Office will send an official transcript directly to the college/organization.

When will my college/organization receive my transcript?

Transcript requests are processed daily. Most transcripts are sent electronically, however, some colleges require official copies be sent through the mail. When your transcript will be received varies with each college/organization. This process typically takes 2-4 weeks. If a college/organization contacts you and says they have not yet received your transcript, please verify with your counselor that your transcript has been sent.

Transcripts and the Common Application

If you are applying to a college through the Common Application then you will not need to request transcripts. The Common Application will send your Academic Counselor a link via email in order to upload the requested documents needed to complete your application. This includes an official transcript; however, you will need to provide Common Application with your Academic Counselor’s name and email address.

We hope that you will find this resource helpful. If you have questions, please contact us.